Educational Farm Field Trips: Teacher Resources
Teachers, please note … these are great resources to assist with continuing your students’ education both on the farm and in the classroom!
- Michigan Department Of Educations Standards K-LS1-1 and K-ESS2-2 [Download Kindergarten]
- Michigan Department Of Education Standard 1-LS3-1 [Download First Grade]
- Michigan Department Of Education Standard 2-LS2-1 [Download Second Grade]
- Michigan Department Of Education Standard 3-LS4-3 [Download Third Grade]
Good to know …
- Sharing is nice!
Teachers will get one bag of animal food per classroom.
- Yum! A Snack!
A fresh Apple Cinnamon donut from our market bakery and one juice will be provided for each paid visitor.
- What about food and beverage?
Field trip participants are welcome to bring their own lunch — a picnic area is available. Please make sure your area is left as you found it. Garbage bins are located in the picnic area.
- Are pets allowed?
No pets are allowed, for the health and safety of all animals and our guests.
- What if it rains?
In case of rain, we will contact you in the morning of the tour to let you know if your tour is canceled. Also, watch our Facebook page for weather related updates.
- What if you have to cancel your tour?
Please call the Lewis Farms at least 24 hours before your farm field trip to confirm.
Quick Reminder for Teachers
It is your responsibility to have enough chaperones for your farm field trip. We want it to go smoothly for everyone! Please request that your chaperones stay with their assigned group at all times.